Friday, September 22, 2006

I made it!

It's been one of those weeks where I've had to do what most people do all the time, working 5 days a week. Monday and Tuesday I was working as normal AND preparing for the career workshop that I've just run this Thursday and Friday. The delegates said they found it helpful, which means I'm happy, if a little tired.

College started this Wednesday, and it was great to be back with my art class and see the work that everyone has been doing in their sketchbooks over the summer. We've had a project to do on the Elements - to pick one of them and fill a sketchbook with images on that element. I chose Earth, and I've got all sorts in there, including bits of soil and grass. Drew the line at squashed worms.

I'm glad the week is over though, as I am now exhausted. I'm looking forward to next week - when I get some time to finish my last creative writing assignment. They call this the ECA or Examinable Component Assignment. We had a scary mailing about it, which said if we don't submit on time (even if this is because of computer failure) we FAIL THE COURSE! This was reinforced several times, so I'm now determined to get it in at least a week ahead of schedule.

But first, some gin. Lots of gin, and a mexican. Food that is, not bloke.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You drew the line at squashed worms?! :)

12:56 am  
Blogger Carole said...

I did indeed. Just think of the smell!

5:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got the scary mailing too - as I have completely failed to get my witjdrawal in. That means I shall have a big fat F on my academic record. Hey ho....

You know I wish you all the best, don't you? But you'll do brilliantly I am sure.

I'm very glad I made the mental committment to withdraw. I really can't see that I could have handled the pressure, with everything else that has been going on. I'd have trouble submitting TMA04, with no Internet connection too...

9:53 am  
Blogger Carole said...

Beth,
Thank you!

Yes, I can't see how you could have continued the course under the circumstances. It's just a shame you can't pick up from where you left off in next year's course.

6:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carole,
I did fail a course at UCLA, because I was late due to the time difference. The prof said he was sorry, but he made the rules so he had to abide them no exceptions.
He gave me a d and not an f, which was nice of him.
Connie

3:07 pm  
Blogger Carole said...

Hi Connie,
That was a shame! The time difference can be confusing. At least I don't have that problem with this course.

7:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home