Sunday, September 24, 2006

Kentle Woods


Kentle Wood - Rowan Berries
Originally uploaded by krikelorac.

For my birthday, my family bought me some Woodland Trust sponsored trees in Kentle Wood near Daventry. We went to visit them today (the trees, not the family). There is so much promise and hope in a young wood, and a lot of work has gone on to plant this one. It is quite narrow, but very long, taking us just under half an hour to walk its full length. The rowan are at their best at this time of year, and I can't resist photographing those berries.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure it's wrong, somehow, but I'd find visiting trees favourable to visiting family every time. What a great colour on those berries!

4:33 pm  
Blogger Carole said...

Gorgeous, aren't they?

12:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home