Thursday, November 25, 2004

Web designer or careers adviser?

This morning, I had an appointment with a hearing therapist. She was very good, encouraging me to tell people what I need them to do - look directly at me, speak more clearly etc. God bless the NHS, the support I've had has been fantastic. I've got ottosclerosis which is a progressive hearing loss. Fortunately, hearing aids are very effective for this condition.

This afternoon, I'd just settled down to get on with some more amateur website development when the phone rang.

"It's about your application for the careers adviser role ... we'd like to invite you to an interview."

I put the phone down - and PANICKED! But after much preparation and research into the job, and support from some of my online friends, I'm feeling calmer now. Thank goodness. I know I can do the job, after all. But do I HAVE to climb into a suit? Urgh.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carole said...

Hi, Will! I'm really surprised that I'm getting comments here, I just assumed my blog would vanish into the ether and no-one would find it.

I did an online creative writing class with the trAce school, and a group of us set up a group-blog. It has worked really well, so I think your suggestion of setting up one for our class is a good one. It gives you an audience for your writing, which keeps you putting pen to paper - or finger tips to keyboard. Shall we suggest it next week?

Carole

5:14 pm  
Blogger Carole said...

I've not come across w.blogger, but will definitely have a look.

The trAce course that I did in the summer was well worth the cash, and the people that I 'met' on it were mostly addicts to the trAce forums, so I think the other courses are good too. The online forums work really well. I'll tell you more on Monday if you like.
C.

9:08 pm  
Blogger dave wood said...

Hi Carole

Just re-discovered your blog address in my diary. Looks good - very gentle style of writing and lovely visions and comments on life. Keep on...

Will pass it around

How's things?

Dave W
(davewoodinireland.blogspot.com)

8:00 pm  
Blogger Carole said...

Hi Dave,
Thanks for your comment - timely, I've not been keeping this up to date. You've prompted me to do so!

Things are going well here. We're both starting new jobs next Monday, which is coming closer all the time!

Carole

10:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home