Saturday, September 17, 2005

Berries

There is a definite autumnal chill in the air now. Today, I wore my fleece for the first time since we arrived. Our walk took us across fields to Avon Dassett, and the hedgerows were so lovely that I finally cracked and got my camera out. Here are some of my efforts.






We also stopped at the church at Burton Dassett, where there is a holy well with stone frontage.





On our way home, we stopped at the egg cottage (we learned was built in the 1600’s) to buy a fresh supply of free range eggs. The farmer who farms the land we’d just walked across was helping the egg lady in the garden. We learned that he’d been growing oilseed rape (the brown, dried pods that we’d seen on our first walk). It’s good to meet the people who actually grow our food. He was saying people don’t care about food any more. Mortgages, cars, holidays – but not food, he said. That comes last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home