Monday, August 21, 2006

Hardware hitches

I've had a frustrating afternoon trying to get Holly to recognise an external hard drive. She's not having any of it. There's no driver to install as Windows XP is supposed to have its own driver for USB ports (or something). So why does she not recognise it? Grrrrrrrrrr. What we really, really want is a techno-wizard that we can employ to look after Holly for us.

On a more positive note, I have just registered domains for my business name (more later) and submitted my tax return. They owe me - yay!

Tomorrow, I want to do some drawing before I forget how.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

IRQ settings? Check the jump switches. Don't get the idea I know what I am talking about, though!

7:08 pm  
Blogger Carole said...

I'm sure you do know what you're talking about. Unfortunately I don't!

Thankfully it was the drive that was the problem. We returned it to Maplins, who exchanged it for another which worked properly first time.

Now I just need to find a microphone that works. I've tried two, both rubbish. I can't use a headset because of the hearing aids. Most people, of course, use headsets so can't recommend a good microphone.

10:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home