Friday, July 08, 2005

Glad to be home

"I'm afraid I've got some news to tell you." Our facilitator had the difficult task of telling us about yesterday morning's events while we were doing an exercise to draw where we saw our team fitting in with the wider environment. It rather changed the picture. Faces paled, eyes filled or darkened and people rushed outside with their mobile phones.

I think on the whole they managed to make contact with their friends and family - but not everyone. I still don't know for sure that everyone was OK.

Today I'm back home. Trying not to think about it. Trying not to give into my impulse to escape to the outer reaches of Scotland, or the depths of Northumberland. Over a cup of tea, I found myself suggesting that we open a farm shop. Hmmm. I don't think.

I've not done enough writing today. This is writing though, isn't it?

1 Comments:

Blogger Carole said...

Hi Sue,
Poor man. We are very lucky.
Stay safe yourself,
Carole

9:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home