Monday, September 26, 2005

It's official - I'm a poet!

I returned home this morning, rather tired from a weekend of celebrating a friend's 40th birthday, to find a letter. Opening it, I started to read. 'I am writing to you regarding your poem, Look Up, that you recently sent to us...' Sure that it was going to say 'thanks but no thanks' I continued reading. It wasn't until the second paragraph that it said 'You will appreciate that we are only able to publish a limited number of the many poems that we receive, so I am delighted to tell you that your poem Look Up has been accepted ...'. Hurrah! And I don't even have to buy the book to get it published. I just need to sign a thing giving them permission to publish it. I can, of course, buy the book at preferential rates, including a 3 for 2 offer. It's the poem I submitted during the Season of Inspiration course, and appropriately enough, the collection is titled 'Through the Seasons'. The website is www.forwardpress.co.uk. I'm sure they make most of their income from poets buying the book, but who cares? I'm going to be published!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carole,

Congratulations, that's brilliant news! I'm looking forward to seeing your name in print.

I keep thinking about Bollabus. I think lots of people would enjoy it...

Benita.

4:12 pm  
Blogger Carole said...

Hi Benita,

Thank you!

Funnily enough, I keep thinking about Bollabus too. I just need to find somewhere appropriate for it. I'm not sure who publishes epic narrative poems! It's a bit long for a children's poem, although I'm sure it would lend itself to illustration. P'raps I'll do a bit more hunting while I'm on a roll.

Carole

4:27 pm  
Blogger Carole said...

Thanks, Sue :)

7:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant news! Congratulations, Carole. You must be absolutely thrilled.

8:46 pm  
Blogger Carole said...

Hi Beth,
Thanks!

Although, on reflection (and some study of the Writers and Artists book where there is no sign of this 'publisher') I suspect they are a sort of vanity press thing. Still, who cares. It's a start of sorts.

Carole :)

7:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carole,

I wouldn't worry about it. If you're being published and you're not being asked for any money then that's a result in my book.

Benita.

3:17 pm  
Blogger Carole said...

Benita,
You have a point! :)
Carole

8:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home