Friday, November 04, 2005

Sunshine

What a difference the sun makes! This morning I woke to low sunlight streaming through from the back bedrooms, and opened the curtains to find blue sky. After yesterday's relentless grey blustery wet, it lifted my spirits immediately. I pulled on cycling gear and headed out on my bike. It was colder than I'd anticipated - proper Autumn temperatures. The ground was good and soggy, which brought out the autumn smells nicely. I cycled an 8 mile circuit, feeling desperately unfit for the first 20 minutes or so until I warmed up properly. Then I could just bowl along, enjoying the view without feeling that my lungs were going to explode or my legs seize up. Great fun.

And my paper-maker has arrived home - hurrah! I loaned it to a school teacher friend to make paper with his class. So now I can have a go at that lavender paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home