Wednesday, July 13, 2005

What is going wrong?

I've been reading the news on the BBC website, and found Rachel's Diary

I am struck by the courage of this writer. I think reading her account has had a profound effect on me. Partly to know that it is possible to survive such a thing, but at the same time to really understand the scars that it leaves.

I don't know how I feel about developments. What is happening to communities in this country that a group of people (hopefully a small group, but who knows?) can get so angry that they cease to value human life?

I don't think there are any 'right' answers, just a terribly complex system that we all play some part in. What part do I play, I wonder? It's really got me thinking.

My response last Thursday was that I wanted to escape - to my beloved Yorkshire. Now the police investigation is centering around West Yorkshire. Is anywhere safe?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home