Monday, November 14, 2005

A day off ...

I like being on holiday. I'm taking some time in lieu, as it stacked up over the summer when I was busy at work and moving house.

This morning we had our first groundfrost. Looking out of the back window, the sky was streaked with blue and pink above white frosted fields. I got up, tugged my wellies on and walked over the back hill, squelching through the clay and trying not to end up sitting in it. The air smelled mainly of soil, mud, earth. And cows.

I returned to a warm house to spend some time with my sketchbook. I wasn't overly impressed with my efforts, so retreated to the kitchen for papermaking. I now have several sheets of lavender paper, and the kitchen smells like I've had a bath in there. Great fun.

I now have a pile of washing up to do. Somehow, that always gets left until last. I'm just a good old fashioned slob really.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a great deal to be said for being a slob, in my humble slobby opinion

5:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home