Sunday, May 14, 2006

... and relax

Well, I did it all. A full week last week followed by a visit from friends with a three year old. I am so weary now.

On Friday, we stopped on the way home at Crackley Wood I needed to find some bluebell woods, and Crackley was just what I was looking for. Carpets of fragrant bluebells romped everywhere, and the birds were singing their hearts out. Just what I needed to chill out after a two day workshop.

All I need to do now is catch up on my sleep. Boy, can three year olds chatter! Very sweet though. We went for a walk and picked daisies and cow parsley for each other; blew dandelion clocks and collected cherry blossom. Sometimes it's nice to see the world through a child's eyes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carole,
I went to Writing Me down and read some of your work and I'm impressed. I like the way you use third POV. I use it nearly exclusively, but lately I've been trying to work with first. I had a professor once who made you feel if you used anything but third, you were trite. Actually a writer needs to use them all at some point, do you agree?
My lady wren came back for another brood. I never realized they did that, but I learned recently lots of birds have more than one brood in the spring.
I'm on my way to Alaska this afternoon. I've never been so I'm looking forward to it.
Thanks for the read, I'll read more when I get back.
Connie

5:26 pm  
Blogger Carole said...

Hi Connie,
I'm glad you liked it. I think it's good to experiment with different points of view. I've just read a piece written in second person ('you') by Simon Armitage, which was a bit different.
I didn't know birds had more than one brood either. They must be exhausted.
Enjoy Alaska!
Carole

5:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home