Sunday, June 04, 2006

Good Weekend

We've made the most of the sunshine. Yesterday we both went for separate bike rides (so Rick can get some exercise). It was glorious - sunshine and blue sky, but still cool and breezy as it was early morning. We then went to Banbury, where I finally bit the bullet and treated myself to some painting canvas - a pack of 3 for £9.99 from the Works. Now I've got to do some 'proper' paintings.

Today, we visited Ryton Organic Gardens and I took my SLR with me and took some shots. How antiquated though - I've now got to wait until I've finished the film and get it developed before I can see them. This afternoon, we cycled to Upton House - 15.5 miles - my legs are jelly. However, we got a reduction for arriving by bike AND we had a leaflet to get free cake. I did a watercolour sketch of the secret garden - not a spot on Karen's watercolour sketches but I enjoyed doing it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

Carole, Your perspective is good, I like the earth tones you have used also. Nice work!

2:36 am  
Blogger Carole said...

Thank you, Tami!

The earth tones are partly due to the poor quality of the image I'm afraid. I had to photograph it, as the scanner didn't seem to know what to do with watercolour. Bit like me, really ;)

6:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carole,
This is too gorgeous to describe! The colors are perfectly muted, even if you think it's the quality , I enjoyed it vry much.
Wow girl, a 15+ bike ride, wow I'd be in the grave - they should have given more than a free cake!
The little wren is still hatching her second brood. but they should be getting kicked out shortly.
We are having strange summer weather, but it's nice, cool nights and warm days, we need rain desperately.
Connie

9:01 pm  
Blogger Carole said...

Hi Connie,
Thank you!

Our blackbirds have started a second brood as well. The female is still sitting at the moment (so far as we can tell.) It's nice to have her back.

We did 17.5 miles on bikes today! It was perfect weather for it - not too hot, good cloud cover but dry. We could use more rain as well.

Carole

5:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home