Wednesday, July 05, 2006

EDM Challenge 74 - Clouds

Clouds are my friend – as long as they are the small, white, fluffy type that scuttles across a blue sky and shades me from the too-hot sun. Or the anvil-shaped storm clouds that darken the sky Prussian-blue and dump gallons of refreshing rain onto the parched earth, releasing its woody smells.

The ones I don’t like are the grey drizzly ones that smother the UK during the winter months. What little light we get during the short days of winter is dimmed by these damp blankets. The landscape turns to an indistinct foggy grey-and-white.

So I’ve painted my favourites - shower clouds that scuttle across a blue sky, providing shade and the occasional refreshing downpour.


10 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

Gorgeous clouds! Simply gorgeous!

7:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your clouds look great. When I first looked at your painting, I thought that it was a photograph. Very nice. Jean

7:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, the clouds are sheer genius, they look so real.
Now the mailbox, that is very unique. As a matter of fact there is nothing that I have seen of yours that isn't very well done.
I agree those grey days are depressing.
We've had so much heat lately. We had an enormous algae problem in our pond, but we finally got it under control after we nearly broke our arms and backs removing the nasty smelly stuff. We promised ourselves we won't let it get that bad again. we'll see how well that promise holds. ha ha
Connie

10:15 pm  
Blogger Anastasia said...

Great clouds - they look SO real
all fluffed up!
great!

12:03 am  
Blogger Donn said...

Just Fantastic clouds! Like the way you portrayed them too.

1:52 am  
Blogger Tami said...

This is stunning, Carole! I love the soft blends of colors.

4:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful clouds - I love the wet in wet look

Karen

5:48 pm  
Blogger Carole said...

Thank you, all!

Connie - Ponds are beautiful, but they can be incredibly hard work, can't they? Hope your back has recovered.

5:58 pm  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

I really like your style in general and your perspective/point of view in this picture. The clouds are beautiful and so is the composition.

6:58 am  
Blogger Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

awesome...really fanstastic job!

8:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home