Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Back again

It seems like a long time since I've posted here. My life seems not much worth writing about, really. Work is definitely going better these days. Weekends usually involve tidying the house, showing viewers round and then getting out of the house as far as possible - just walking locally. I spent last Sunday morning squatting in the hawthorne hedge, clearing out dead wood and planting holly seedlings to fill in the gap. I've noticed that our next door neighbour has planted a bush (rhodedendron I think) on the other side of the gap, which I see as a good sign.
I had a bit of an epiphany last week, when for the first time I sat and wrote pages and pages of freewriting. I've been getting increasingly depressed with our 'stuckness' with the house situation, and recognised that I feel out of control. The housing market is not something that I can resolve. So I decided I need to treat this time as an opportunity to just enjoy the present, not worry about or plan the future. That is easier said than done for me, but it is what I am trying to do.
I am continuing to do more exercise, and am not as embarassingly out of breath after climbing two flights of stairs as I used to be. That's a good sign, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home