Friday, December 02, 2005

Splish splosh

I highly recommend a brisk walk to raise the spirits. This morning, the rain let up for long enough for me to splash round the village, and then up and down Mill Hill just for the view and the exercise. The air smelled fresh after all the rain, and the clay is holding rather a lot of water. When I went out to empty the compost, the lawn squelched alarmingly.

I've had hoover and duster out today, so am feeling smug. I've also done a couple of drawings.

I have a question. Two of the things I most want to do with my spare time are art and writing. So why do I resist actually doing them? Does anyone else have this problem?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I certainly do, but that's just fear of failure :-)

4:06 pm  
Blogger Carole said...

Hmmmm. That's probably my problem too, if I'm honest.

I've just been doing some scribbling with chalks, and slapping paint around at random. That usually frees me up. Only I could do with doing that at the beginning of the day, not at the end!

8:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carole,
Your pictures are beautiful, what scenery.
We are having wicked weather here, too.
Connie Scott

6:45 pm  
Blogger Carole said...

Hi Connie,
Sorry to hear the weather is rotten where you are. Wrap up warm!
Carole

8:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home