Thursday, December 01, 2005

Yawn

I've just been asleep. It's the only sane thing to do in this weather. The wind is whistling outside and it's been grey, dark and soggy all day. I can't function properly unless I can go outside. Which I could, of course, but not without getting wet and blown about.

This morning, I had a go at papier mache. I seem obsessed with making things with old paper. I like the idea of transforming junk mail and old newspapers into something new. I used some paper that had been soaking since my last paper-making session, so it was good and soft. I covered a bowl with cling film and put a layer of the soaked paper into the inside, overlapping strips across each other. Then I pasted on a good layer of wallpaper paste. I repeated the process until I'd used all the soaked paper. Then I finished with a layer of my handmade paper that I'd made with the same soaked paper last week.

It is clearly going to take days to dry, but was strangely satisfying to make. I have no idea what it will become, or what I will do with it, but it's great fun relearning how to do papier mache.

I started knitting again, but was so dopy I kept dropping stitches. Hence the nap. I feel more able to do something now. Sometimes you just have to have a kip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home