Sunday, January 08, 2006

Creative Outputs

I’ve been knitting again. Here is the hat I’ve just finished, using Colinette point five yarn. The colours are gorgeous; deep and vibrant blue, purple, fuchsia and green. I can’t wait to wear it – bring on the snow and frost!


Below are the little clay sculptures I made last week. I was doing an activity in the book Explore Yourself Through Art. In it, she invites you to play with a piece of clay and see what your hands make of it. I had no preconceived idea of what I would make, and these little figures popped out. What is quite strange is how the little one fits neatly into the larger one, which was not planned at all. I won’t go into likely psychological explanations here, but they are kind of cute in themselves I think. Wouldn’t fetch a fortune in an art gallery or anything, but good fun anyway.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I *love* those clours - and they look so glossy. Yummy. Nice, organic shapes too.

3:21 pm  
Blogger Carole said...

Thanks! :) That's nice feedback to come home to after a pretty difficult day.

6:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home