Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

I just can't believe it's 2006. It always takes me ages to get used to being in a different year.

We cycled up to Beacon Hill on Burton Dassett country park for midnight last night. It was a bit scary, given my bike light isn't really up to the job of showing me where the road is. Luckily no-one else was on the roads. We arrived to find that the car park was full, and someone had erected a marquee. People were gathered up the top, fireworks primed. Quite a party.

It was fun watching how people's watches are anything but synchronised. There must have been ten different versions of 'New Year' just on the hill top, with all the countdowns, shrieks and hugs happening minutes apart. Then all the bursts of light as fireworks went off for miles around us, all starting at different times. Great fun, and quite spectacular.

Happy New Year, and I hope 2006 brings you joy and peace, whereever you are.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carole said...

Hi Sue!

I'm so glad to hear that you've resolved the family rifts. What a nice Christmas present.

I love horses. I used to go riding, and there are loads of horse-and-riders round here which is very tempting. No stables, though, and it is far to expensive to own a horse. Have fun!

Carole

6:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home