Friday, February 24, 2006

Museum Crawl


Rick's had a couple of days holiday these last two days, so I've not had my usual days writing and drawing. However, we've had a couple of good days out. Yesterday we ventured to Oxford and found this and this. Two of the most interesting museums I have ever been in. We are going back some day when we have more time.

Today we had a long overdue shop in Banbury, then visited Banbury Museum. This was not on the same grand scale, but still interesting enough.

Inspired by EDM sketch crawlers, I did a few sketches. This also counts as 'do a drawing in public' - which I find a little inhibiting if I'm honest.


5 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I'm really pleased you liked the Pitt Rivers. It's one of my most favourite museums in the world. I used to go there a lot as a student but haven't been for years. You've inspired me to go again! Are you in the Oxford tutor group, Carole?

Liz

10:38 pm  
Blogger Carole said...

Hi Liz,
I can understand why it's one of your favourites. It is a magical place. They are doing some work on it at the moment, so some parts aren't open.

Although I live near Banbury, I've got a Coventry postcode, so I'm in the Coventry tutor group. We've just had our day school today, in fact.

Which group are you in?

Carole

4:51 pm  
Blogger Liz said...

I'm in the Oxford one. I was just wondering, since you mentioned the Pitt Rivers, because we have a Carole in our conference. I haven't met any of my group face to face because I was on holiday for the day school so went to Guildford the week before.

I always loved the gruesome shrunken heads!

Liz

6:23 pm  
Blogger Carole said...

The shrunken heads are brilliant! I don't know why, but it was that cabinet that I most wanted to draw the contents of - those skulls and heads. I'll draw it when I go back. :)

7:40 pm  
Blogger Linda said...

Great drawings! I would love to see this museum, alas! (sigh)
:-)

10:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home