Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A Loved One's Slipper


I had a delivery from Amazon today of The Creative License and The New Diary (although I got a newer edition than this - I guess I got the last one in stock.) Much of this afternoon has been spent reading the former, and I've dutifully sketched a mug, chair, table and person.


I've joined the online Everyday Matters group set up by Danny Gregory. I popped in to say hello, and have been astonished at the supportive response. The group set weekly challenges, of which this week's is to draw 'A loved one'. I am somewhat struggling to do that, as my loved one is camping in the Caingorm right now. An earlier challenge was to draw 'a shoe'. So I've compromised, and drawn 'A loved one's slipper'. At least it gets me drawing!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to EDM, Carole. I think your idea of drawing an object that represents a loved one is a very good idea, and you're off to a great start. For one of the earlier challenges, "Draw something Dad" - I drew my father's hat. He passed away long ago and I keep it in my office as a daily reminder of him. I hope you'll continue to participate in the challenges and enjoy them.

Karen@karenwinters.com

9:15 pm  
Blogger Carole said...

Karen, thank you. I'm sure I will continue to participate. It's such a good idea.

9:34 pm  
Blogger Marilyn said...

I think the slipper of your loved one was a very creative idea.
Marilyn

11:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your drawings are much better than my initial 4 were.

I'm not finding time to progress with either Danny or Betty. I really must make the time. The light here is so poor that, by the time I have finished my other tasks, it's too dark to draw. Maybe as the days lengthen, I'll be able to fit it in.

Yes - of course this is an excuse not to dare. :-)

I'm pleased that you joined EDM. I have unsubbed for a while. I could not cope with the volume of traffic. I'll be back when I get into the rhythm of drawing. I still like the idea of marrying the Haiku a day project with the illustrated journalling.

Which reminds me - I haven't done my freewriting or my haiku yet.

10:35 am  
Blogger Carole said...

Marilyn - thank you. I had to think creatively!

Beth - I disagree that my drawings are better - pack that in!

I wish you would do more drawing. I enjoy seeing them. Personally, I'm finding that drawing is helping my writing, and vice versa. I think they cross-fertilise each other.

There is a huge volume of traffic in EDM. I'm dipping in when I can, and not participating much as I can't keep up. But it is making me draw, and I do enjoy looking at other people's stuff. I have to sit on that critic though, who says they are all SO much better than me. You know the one!

I see you've now done your haiku and freewriting :)

4:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home