Friday, February 03, 2006

Published!


The book with my poem in arrived this morning. It is quite nicely presented, and there are even some decent poems in there. Although, there are also a few 'oh how I love the lambs so white, they spring about in glee, they bleat and spring with all their might, how happy they must be' type thing. I just made that up by the way ;)

Writing is still sludgy. I found myself writing about a teacher, a rat and a janitor. A children's book perhaps??

Another illustrated journal entry. I really didn't want to draw and didn't know what to draw, but I did it anyway. I'm glad I did, even if it's rubbish. I'm definitely going to get Danny's book.


I'm going to have to tidy up. We have guests this weekend, with two children. We plan to go to Warwick Castle tomorrow, then a walk and pub lunch on Sunday. Hopefully that will give me some interesting material to write about. So far, most of my observational writing has been about Warwick Parkway station, or the birdtable :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurrah! Do we get a photo of the volume?

I do love your illustrated journals, Carole. They are beautiful. Are you going to join the Everyday Matters list and show them there?

I'm pleased that you are getting the book - perhaps you'll give me the impetus to rack on and work through it!

It *si* a pretty book. I'm sure that you will enjoy it.

3:30 pm  
Blogger Carole said...

I'll do a photo later.

I'm glad you like my journals - thank you. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to join Everyday Matters - but I might think about it.

I hope you do keep working through the book - I was enjoying seeing your pictures.

I found Ryan's site via RV. His stuff is good, isn't it? Funnily enough, I found it the day after I got that book from the library on collage etc.

7:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Carole,
I am very impressed! Congratulations!
The book looks beautiful, too.
Isn't it strange that you can pick up some published writing and wonder how it happened? ie. some of the other writing in the book
In the eyes of the pblisher, I guess.
Connie

9:12 pm  
Blogger Carole said...

Hi Connie,
I've got no illusions about it. I suspect the only people who bought the book were the contributors. Forward Press is quite a nice idea - their philosophy is to give poets a place to see their work in print. Their website is encouraging, with lots of competitions, themes for the month and so on. But I don't think there is an awful lot of editing going on, to be honest. I don't think I've hit the big time just yet ;) But it's a nice little volume, and some of the poems are quite good.
Carole

4:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carole, all of your work is beautifully done! Your journals alone are very unique and your writing is very nice as well.
Connie

7:48 pm  
Blogger Carole said...

Connie,
Thank you! I'm really glad you like them.
Carole

9:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home