Friday, March 10, 2006

Busy week

As the title says. Last weekend we had friends for dinner on Saturday, followed by a walk early Sunday morning. We had to get our walk done early because we were due up in Nottingham for 2.30 for a friend's birthday party. Our friend, by the way, is 3 years old. Some readers may remember Scarlett? Here she is.

Work as usual Monday and Tuesday, and art class on Wednesday. This week I was used as an example of how not to do something. I had painted three very pink paintings. Please don't ask me why. I was just in the mood for raspberry. Actually, I was experimenting with process colours (magenta, cyan, yellow) and not getting on with them at all well. But they are the colours the college recommends. Wednesday evening I had a work meeting all evening.

Yesterday after much drafting and redrafting, and help from Beth, I finally submitted my TMA. Hurrah! I celebrated with two gin-and-tonics last night. Which I regretted this morning. I just can't hold my drink these days.

We are away this weekend as it is Rick's (*whisper*) 40th Birthday.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Scarlet is *cute* :-)

Are you going somewhere Very Nice Indeed this weekend?

I wish we had some gin. That would have gone down well after my TMA submission (helped enormously by you). I'm not sure when I shall see another bottle of gin... *sob*

4:27 pm  
Blogger Carole said...

She is, isn't she.

We are going to a nice hotel near Cirencester. I'll tell you all about it.

You will see gin again, I'm sure. It's not conducive to a particularly productive day afterwards anyway.

5:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carole, I think I remember Scarlet, she was younger when I first "met" her.
Carole, you need to drink the good stuff (kidding) they all have the same effect on me.
Connie

5:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home